Thursday, February 9, 2012

Movies Video Games and Such.

Lately I've been watching a ton of movies, I don't really know why either. Sometimes I'll just got on a huge movie watching binge and watch 8+ movies in a day while gaming or doing something else. It's funny though cause I don't even remember the last few movies I've watched. I have a pretty bad short term memory, sometimes a bad long term memory. It actually makes me worry sometimes, haha. Anyways I'm just looking through netflix canada right now and really wish they had a better selection of movies to choose from. I mean it's gotten better from what it used to be but it's still pretty lack luster, I really hope they change that. I miss video rental stores, if there was a new movie out I'd be able to go and rent it right away instead of having to wait a few months for netflix to get it. I also miss being able to rent games, granted I didn't do it often but I like the option of being able to preview a game before actually buying it so I don't waste my money on a potential piece of crap. That being said I like the PSN and Xbox online cause I can preview games before buying them, but not all games come with demo versions which can be a pain. I'm also not the type of person to trade in games, I don't know why. I've only ever traded in one game in my entire life cause it was a complete piece of crap, haha... though I've also bought more then a few bad games in my life that turned out to not be that good and still have them... I keep them to remind me of my mistakes kind of like badges of shame. That being said I also have a lot of good games, many of which I haven't beaten or actually played. It's kind of funny actually, I lent my friend a game a while back that wasn't even out of it's packaging, it still had the shrink wrap on it and everything. That was probably a year ago or so and I still haven't played it. I should probably get around to playing more of them, but online gaming has taken me away from console games these days.

Games like Swtor and WoW have ruined console games for me cause I find most my time being spent on those these days, well most of my free time at least. I can't really bad mouth mmo's though just cause I've made a lot of friends on them, some of which I've known for close to 7 years now. I really like the online community that mmo's create. Well that's once you sift though all the trolls and grieffers. But mostly from my experiences gamers are relatively easy going good people, I think so at least. It's the trolls out there that give us bad names. For those of you that don't know what a troll is read the link and you'll understand. I find it kind of sad that a lot of people have nothing better to do then try to bring grief on someone, or a group of people. I personally just ignore them and stick to my close group of online friends but I'd like to meet new ones if possible sometimes. Though I hate to admit it an intelligent troll can be fun to watch, though that hardly ever happens. One unfortunate side effect I find from playing mmo's is how much they take away from you're FPS gaming skill haha. I first noticed this when I played WoW, servers went down one night and we all decided to hop onto counter-strike until server came back up. We all claimed to be good at CS once upon a time, and I'd like to think I was at one point. But when we played that night it was terrible, I don't think I killed a single person when we joined some random server. It was so bad we had to host our own private server for us to actually stand a change against anyone haha. I've been having the same problem lately with MW2 and MW3 I wasn't terrible at those games, I was usually positive in my KDR but lately it's just not even fun to play haha.

Anyways I think I'm going to end this here, I think I'm going to watch "Star Trek: First Contact" and maybe something else before bed. I also don't care what people say, it was a good movie. A movie anyone could watch without even knowing about Star Trek. But that's another discussion for another time. Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment