Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting into shape!

Getting into shape is probably one of the hardest things that anyone will ever try to do, I know it's been really hard for me. I think it's the third or fourth time that I'm trying to get back into shape and I seriously hope this time it actually works haha. Everyone I think has their reasons for wanting to get in shape and I think personally for most people it's cause they want to look good. I admit, yes I want to look good but more so I want to feel good and just be healthy again. A few years ago I had pretty major knee surgery to repair the cartilage in my knee and during that time I couldn't really do much in the way of exercise. To add to my bad luck right as I was cleared to start doing some moderate exercise I was hit by a Lincoln Navigator while visiting a friend of mine on the other side of the country. I wasn't hurt too bad but I was off my feet for a while and after that I had to take it easy for a while longer. So for me the biggest reason I want to get back into shape is cause I want to be in the same shape I was before and I want to be as health as I was before. I remember the days when I could play sports with my friends and no be so out of breath, these days I run up the stairs in my house and I'm ready to pass out. It's kind of funny actually but at the same time kind of scary.

As far as getting out of shape goes I think I only really have myself to blame on that matter for not watching what I eat and not being careful in general. As far as not being careful with what I eat goes I think diet is the biggest part of losing weight. I think you could lose a lot of weight from just eating the right food and in the right proportions, though obviously it wouldn't be as fast as if you were to exercise regularly too. I'm currently trying to stay away from processed foods, fast foods and soft drinks. You'll be surprised how much cutting out, or at the very least, limiting your soft drink in take can change your overall health. I didn't believe it at first but after almost completely cutting out soft drinks from my diet I find that I am sleeping better which in turn makes me feel better over all.

Anyways I'm going to end this entry here since I can't really think of much else to write at the moment. Hopefully my goal of losing weight and getting back into shape sticks with me, that being said I'm going work out now. Take care everyone.

*edit* If anyone has any advice one getting into shape and weight loss your input is very welcome ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment